Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Relationship With Legos

We were in the middle of a Lego epidemic in our house. It seemed as if Legos were having Legos.  Ever time I turned the vacuum on in M's room I would hear that horrible rattling sound that let me know that I had sucked up yet another Lego piece. Mom fail!

See Legos are "it" for M. He loves them like nothing else and he is wonderful at putting them together. My sweet boy who cannot focus most of the time to save his life can sit for hours to finish the most complicated Lego sets. M also just loves putting together extra pieces to make his own creations.  


Take a part, put together and repeat! This was the vicious cycle that we were in and I needed to do something before I lost it!

So I decided to sort all of M's Legos by color and store them in tupperware.  (I bought tupperware at Target and the Dollar Store.)  I really thought it would be a simple job but it truly took a ton of time.  Like it took a couple of days! But I really think that it was worth it and so does M.  He can find pieces faster and clean up is easier for all involved.


Here is to order in our homes no matter where you live!

13 comments:

  1. Great idea!! With 2 boudin the house, I have a feeling I'm going to be in your shoes in a couple of years. I better start looking for storage containers .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh can I relate to this. We hove so many Legos, too. I hope you can keep it looking this good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same situation over here! The worst is one you step on one with bare feet! Ouch! Your storage containers look great!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Legos have taken over my sons room!! I love how you store your sons legos. I MAY have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever stepped on one!? Ouch!!!!!! The twins are almost four and I DARE someone to buy them Lego's! I have gotten lucky so far! LOVE your way of organizing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's good sister! I came up with a semi-solution too. Doesn't look near as "Pinterest Like" as yours but it is working. I will share later. I am having a bit of a melt down over here in AR at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My younger brother and I used to always play with leggos! Yours look perfectly stored away and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just all sorts of prettu/awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! My son has a ton of legos, so this is a great way to organize them! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! I know a bit late but I just hopped over from the Kelly's Korner linkie. Anyway, this is a FAB idea. I have a thing with organizing by color and would have never thought of lego's. Drew is only 2 so we're still in the Duplo level of legos but I bet when we move up, they'll be all over like yours. Anyway, love the blog and had to say hi! I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that idea! My son's are all in one huge plastic tub, so it's hard to find what he wants. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! It is so easy for those legos to get all over the place!
    Shannon@CozyCountryLiving

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the amazing Legos!! We are there too! Separating them has helped tremendously. We used the clear shoe bins from the dollar tree and I labeled them by color. We also have a tackle box, which has great small compartments for the little pieces (clear lights, swords, etc). My son has to clean up the floor (we have a table in his room) each night and any pieces I find on the floor, are than removed. This small "rule' has really helped when vacuuming!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS