Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Cape Cod {Brew Run}

If you knew Hubby in real life you would know that he loves to run. So much so that a few years ago he decided that he needed to find a race while he was on vacation. Something about not slacking just because we were on vacay...yada, yada, yada!


Honestly, it is hard being married to someone so fit. But as luck would have it, Hubby found a race perfect for runners and spectators alike! 


The Brewster Brew Run is a 5.2 mile run in scenic Brewster, MA that has been held for the past 36 years. I think its popularity might have to do with the fact that The Woodshed, a local watering hole, provides cold beers for all after the race.


The weather was perfect for the race this year. Only the top finishers get free race t-shirts, so Hubby was in it to win it! And I am happy (plus proud) to report that Hubby once again finished in the top ten.


After he ran that hard, I was more than happy to be the DD and let him enjoy the party. Maybe I need to find a 5K that hands out wine at the end of the race?

2 comments:

  1. I'd need some jewelry handed out at the finish line before I ran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen... please let me know if you find that 5K - I'll sign up with you. I, too, am married to a devoted runner. He didn't miss one day of working out on vaca. I, on the otherhand, didn't even attempt to fight the gym rats for a spin on the treadmill. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS