Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Deck

After some major work this past weekend out deck is finally ready for summer.  And I for one could not be more happy!!!  Hubby and the kiddos really used some major elbow-grease to clean and prep the deck for staining.  I think it B had a grand time with the hose.  Some people might have gotten wetter than the deck!


So now that the deck is all ship-shape, I thought I would give you a little tour....


We use the deck for family dining and a nice spot for Hubby and I to watch the kiddos play in the yard.  It is so sweet to see them running around the yard after dinner and giggling together!





I added a few more colorful potted plants to brighten up the space.  I simply love colorful spaces!


After a long weekend of working on the home I feel so blessed to have a lovely outdoor spot to sit with Hubby and enjoy a nice summer Sunday night.

You can also find me at Savvy Southern StyleNo Minimalist HereFrom My Front Porch

12 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. Hanging out on my deck is my very favorite place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are two of the cutest helpers:)
    I love the idea of a bench with the table…I'll have to file that away for future reference.

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect outdoor retreat! I love the pillow color especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! What a great space! Love that table and the bench!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I have a feeling lots of wonderful memories will be made out on that beautiful deck this summer. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your deck looks so colorful and inviting! Love it!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a super deck and a great yard space to enjoy. Love it. I would love for you to link this up to my 170th Inspire Me Tuesday party that is still ongoing. - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/06/my-15-frenchy-chair-redone.html Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. so jealous of your beautiful and colorful deck!! makes me want to buy a HOUSE!! (we live in a townhouse with no backyard -waaaaah.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your deck looks fantastic I bet its going to get so much use this Summer! Im hoping we get to build our deck before the end of the year ... fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your deck! What a wonderful place to hang out this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cleaning and staining a deck seems like an easy task, especially when you have your kids around. It didn’t seem like a project, but a bonding activity instead. You can clearly see in their faces that they enjoyed it. Anyhow, how long did it take for you to finish it?
    Willie Fleming @ Southern Custom Painting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS