Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fiesta Food

My kiddos simply love anything Tex-Mex. I really feel like I could serve them tacos every night of the week and I would never hear a single complaint. So I should not have been surprised when we were planning for our "last party of summer" that they wanted to go with a Mexican fiesta theme.  And since it meant that I could serve the adults margaritas, I said yes!

The party started off with chips and guacamole, made by one of my besties J.  I will have to find out her secret since it was loved by every single person at our party, young and old. For dinner, Hubby grilled some marinated steaks for carne asada.  I heard that it was yummy (Hubby's note- It was!) but I never got any so I will have to make it again soon. I also served enchiladas. I used Skinny Taste's chicken enchilada recipe. I know that this recipe is pinned everywhere on Pinterest, but have you tried it yet? This recipe is unreal!!! It is always a big hit with my family and it did not disappoint at our party.



Apps and dinner were super yummy but dessert was unreal! Bestie A was kind enough to bake for the adults and boy were we in for a treat. A baked up margarita-cupcakes from Annie's Eats. How could they not have been great they were made with tequila? They were just the most perfect end to our last Fiesta of Summer!


Is it just me or does tequila make everything better!?!

3 comments:

  1. We get plenty of Tex Mex here in Dallas. Your dinner looks great. The cupcakes look sinful! Now I am starving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you’re a family that love their Mexican food! I also wouldn’t mind having Mexican dishes for dinner every night. And that one looks delicious. I wouldn't mind trying that out this weekend. Anyway, thank you for sharing its recipe!

    Diane Baker @ Alejandra’s Restaurant

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS