Friday, December 28, 2012

Diet Starts Monday

I just could not help myself this morning!  I should have had oatmeal or egg whites with whole wheat toast but no I just had to indulge in a Berger cookie that my sweet brother in law picked up for me on his trip to Baltimore last week.



For those of you who have never had the pleasure of eating a Berger cookie, it is a thin vanilla cake-like cookie topped with dense chocolate fudge frosting.  It is not so much about the vanilla cookie as it is about the awesome fudge topping!


Hot cup of coffee plus a fudge topped cookie equals a great start to another relaxing day of Christmas vacation!

6 comments:

  1. diet starts Wednesday up here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you live near Arlington VA the Italian store off Spout Run Parkway sells them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Maryland and they are the best holiday cookie. They can be shipped to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen these on the Food Network - apparently some restaurant up there also makes a cake out of the cookies - do you have a recipe for this cake? Would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to hate Berger cookies as a kid (too rich for me then) but now I LOVE them! They make them in 2-packs too which is pretty perfect and helps with portion control :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS