Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Grilled Pork Chops

I am a very lucky gal for many reasons and I count my blessings everyday.  One thing that I am very grateful for is that my parents and in-laws get along and enjoy each other's company.  Whenever my parents come for a visit I make a point to invite my in-laws over to join all of us for dinner.  So of course we had them over for dinner this past week while my mom is here for our "week of projects".

Hubby was sweet enough to grill pork for the whole gang.  Everyone, adults and kiddos loved it so I thought I would share the recipe with you...


Peach-Mustard Pork Chops

Peach- Mustard BBQ Sauce

6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup minced onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup whole-grain mustard
1/2 Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cup peach preserves
3 tablespoons bourbon (Hubby's note- And a shot for the chef)
1 teaspoon kosher salt

Melt the butter in a sauce over medium heat.  Add the onions and garlic then cook until translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.  Add the vinegar and boil until almost completely reduced, about 4 minutes. Whisk in both mustards and preserves.  Simmer while whisking until the preserves melt completely. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the bourbon and kosher salt.

Pork Chops

8 to 9 pork chops, thick cut
Olive oil, for brushing
Kosher salt 
Fresh ground pepper

Prepare ourdoor grill with a high heat for both direct and indirect grilling.  Position a drip pan under the grate on the cooler side of the grill.

Brush the pork chops on both sides with olive oil.  Season both sides with salt and pepper.  Let rest for 15 minutes.

Grill chops over heat until brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.  Move the chops to the cool side of the grill and brush them with some of the Peach-Mustard BBQ Sauce.  Continue to chop the chops, covered, turning and basting with the sauce every 5 minutes, until your thermometer registers 145 degrees F.  Let the chops rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!!


Totally unrelated to pork chops, I am not sure if this happens when your parents and in-laws get together but when mine do all they talk about is how awesome it is to be a grandparent.  They go on and on about that fact.  To the point that I fear my parents would have skipped over raising their kids and gone right to the grandkids!!!

1 comment:

  1. Not only does it look delicious, it is pretty looking!! Must try the recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS