Monday, April 15, 2013

Not A Single Thorn

I don't want to jinx things but I think that Spring has finally come to NoVa.  And I for one could not be happier!  Spring just makes our weekend ten times better.  No one was freezing at the field hockey and lacrosse games on Saturday and the weather was just perfect for hanging out with neighbors later that day.  While the kiddos ran a muck, I enjoyed a lovely chat with some of the other moms.

Besides sports and socializing, we got a lot done around our home.  I folded more wash than humanly possible yet I am still not done.  (My mother-in-law has been known to call me Our Lady of Perpetual Laundry with good reason.)  Hubby set-up a new wireless router so hopefully I will not have to miss any more time blogging.  Hubby also went to a local nursery with the boys on a recon mission.  We are hoping to plant several trees this Spring and we want to research this project before we start digging holes in our yard.


While the boys were looking at trees B and I made a run to World Market for a bench that I had seen online.  Not only was the bench in stock, it was also on sale.  Winner-winner!!!  As we were waiting for the bench to be brought out of the stockroom B saw a bench cushion that was a perfect match for the umbrella we already have so the cushion quickly made its way into our cart.  We also found two coordinating pillows that would be perfect for our Adirondack chairs.  I was just giddy as we loaded up the car with all of the new deck goodies.


As soon as we got home, the kiddos and I started putting the bench together.  I have put furniture together from World Market before and had no issues.  And the bench was no exception!  There is nothing like putting together a piece of furniture in less than an hour.  It always gives me a "Super Woman" complex for an hour or two.


Unfortunately this time I was not riding on cloud nine for long since the "perfect" cushion was not perfect at all.  It was way too short and too wide.  What a bummer!  So back to World Market I will go and the hunt for a bench cushion and pillows will continue.


I could not stay bummed for too long since we had our first dinner of the season on the our deck.  Grilled steak, rice & lentils with salad and strawberries really hit the spot after a super busy weekend!  And the best part was that not a single child had a "thorn" as we went around the table for Rose and Thorn tonight.  Oh how I wish that I could give my children "thorn-free" weekends for the rest of their lives!

You can also find me at Savvy Southern Style and From My Front Porch

6 comments:

  1. So many good things in this post! I have got to start the rose and thorn thing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am constantly doing laundry too! With all the sports and the need for my kids to somehow find every speck of dirt outside, I will never be done! Love the bench - I wish we had a World Market in NJ. I have to order online from them. Have a great week!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That food looks amazing and glad to hear you were able to put the bench together easily! Too bad about the cushion, I love the color!! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on the bench and your dinner outside looks so nice! I love the rose and thorn thing. I might need to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry the cushion didn't work out. I love the bench. Yeah for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, your dinner outside looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS