Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sick Days

Last week when I had to take some time away from my blog to take care of my sick kiddos I received so many sweet "get well" comments and emails. While I was picking up endless snotty tissues off of our floors your kind words really meant a lot to me. So thank you from the bottom of my heart! 


I am happy to report that we are all on the road to recovery. And that includes me because the cold got to me too. Hubby and I are referring to last week as "The Week Eileen Got Nothing Done!" Nothing was done on my project list. No new recipes were tried. We did however wear our pjs and slippers a ton.  We also cuddled a ton and read some of our favorite books.

We read many books by one of our most favorite authors, Mo Willems. If you have never read a book by Mr Willems I truly hope you make the time to do so. When an author can have my whole family laughing, yes adults too, you know that is one talented person! Mr Willems has won 6 Carnegie Medals, 4 Geisel Honors, 3 Caldecott Honors and 2 Theodor Suess Geisel Medals. Impressive if you consider the fact that his first children's book was published only eleven years ago!!!


Mr Willems has such a knack for making everyday events so entertaining. And any author that teaches my children (and me) to find the wonderful silliness that is in each and every day is priceless!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're all feeling better! I need to buy a couple of baby gifts and I always like to include at least one book. Thank you for the recommendation. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I need some new books in the rotation. I'm glad everyone is recovered!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS