Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

After a ton of rain last week we were finally blessed with a beautiful day filled with sunshine for Mother's Day. And boy did we make the most of the sun!


Hubby and the kiddos came with me to pick out flowers for my new flowerpots. While we were looking for colorful blooms the kids really got excited by all of the potted fruit and veggie plants and some how I was talked into buying a pepper plant, watermelon vine and cilantro herb. All three kiddos promised to water and care for these plants but I am not sure how long they will last.


After all of the flowers were potted and watered, Hubby and I scrubbed all of the deck furniture. (I still can't believe that weather has been so rainy that we have not had a single family meal on the deck this year. Hopefully now that everything is cleaned and ready to go we will be able to dine al fesco next weekend.) After we were done scrubbing Hubby thought it was the perfect time turn the hose on L. Good thing L has a wonderful sense of humor because I don't think I would have been giggling as much as L did if the hose was turned on me! (Hubby's note- For the record he was already soaked from the water balloon fight/running through the sprinkler/water gun fight/spraying each other with the hose/general anarchy the neighborhood boys were all doing.)


After all of our hard work Hubby cooked dinner for all of us. I always think not having to cook dinner is a wonderful treat. And after our yummy dinner B gave me a real sweet treat. She baked me a carrot cake from scratch. I was so proud of her!  I know this will sound cheesy but it really was the icing on such a wonderful day with my family!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! We had beautiful warm weather here too!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good day had by all! That cake looks positively delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect day! The cake looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS