Friday, June 27, 2014

Cheers To The Weekend!

Last week two of my favorite PTO volunteer warriors join me for dinner. My sweet Hubby thought that the three of us deserved a nice dinner after a year of tons of hard work. It should be noted that the other two worked non-stop all year, I only had to work hard on one event. But since Hubby offered to cook I went along with it!

The only thing (besides clean the house) that I had to do was make a cocktail. I had an idea in mind - an adult strawberry lemonade. So of course I turned to Pinterest and they had a ton of options. While all of the drink recipes looked awesome they were all too involved and I was short on time. So I winged it!


Adult Lemon-Aid

1 pint of strawberries, washed and quartered
1/4 cup water
1 bottle of lemon-aid (I used Simply Lemonade, but you could use any kind)
1 cup vodka

In a food processor, place the strawberries and water. Pulse until the berries and water to form a strawberry like juice.

In a large pitcher add the "strawberry juice", lemonade and vodka. Stir and serve over ice. Enjoy!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm that sounds amazing. I'm having a dinner party saturday and this sounds perfect and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I'm going to pick up some strawberries to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS