Summer seems to be going by way too fast this year! I feel like we had barely gotten to see my brother in-law before he headed back to school. So I was so excited when he could join us for brunch last weekend. Since I was still getting us unpacked from the Cape I decided to go with tried and true recipes.
One of those recipes is what I call "quick quiche". All you need is a ready to use pie crust, milk, egg, cheese and whatever else you have on hand. Quiche might not be a trendy dish but it is so easy to make and people always ask for seconds!
Sunday's Quick Quiche
One "ready to use" pie crust (I always use Pillsbury)
3 extra large eggs
1 1/2 cups of whole milk
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 box (16 oz) of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 medium tomato, diced
1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. And prepare 9 inch pie-dish with crust according to manufactures directions.
2. In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and cook until translucent. Add the spinach and diced tomato and cook all in evenly heated. Let veggie mixture cool. (This set can be made the day before and stored in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the quiche.)
4. Arrange cooled veggie mixture evenly in the bottom the pie-dish. Then top veggies with the cubed cheese. Carefully pour in egg and milk mixture.
5. Place pie-dish in oven and cook for 50 minutes or until the egg mixture has set.
6. Allow quiche to cool before slicing. Enjoy!!!
What are some of your "go-to" brunch dishes?
You can also find me at Savvy Southern Style and No Minimalist Here