Friday, November 30, 2012

If You Really Knew Me

 If you had ever walked in my front door there would be no doubt in your mind about my love of blue and white china. Growing up, Royal Copenhagen's "Christmas Plates" surrounded my mother's dining room. I always thought they were so pretty and loved that my father gave mom a new one each Christmas. As a result, when it was time for me to register for my fine china I was completely drawn to Royal Copenhagen's "Blue Fluted Plain".


Over the years I have added to my "blue and white" collection from Churchill to Target and everything in-between. One of my cheapest "blue and white" finds is by far my favorite and just perfect for holiday decor. Two years ago in a super cute NoVA shop, Everyday Elegance, B and I found a stack of Royal Copenhagen's "Christmas Plates" from random years for only $10 a plate.  B and I picked up four plates that had an outdoor theme.  (Winner winner turkey dinner!!!)

While getting the house ready for this weekend's neighborhood party I thought that the train plate was perfect for our front table. The plate reminds me of the "Polar Express".  A simple yet cheery table for the holidays!


To me "blue and white" is a classic.  And it does not matter where you live, North or South, a classic is forever!

4 comments:

  1. I love blue and white transferware! These are my christmas dishes http://www.amazon.com/Johnson-Brothers-Britain-12-Piece-Dinnerware/dp/B000632J1Y/ref=pd_sim_k_2 (which are red and white) but I wonder if they might come in blue too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blue and white too although I don't own any! Cute train plate. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your front table decorations create such a warm and cosy atmosphere. Lovely blog you have. I'll look forward to reading more.
    Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS