Thursday, January 3, 2013

Say Cheese

Once upon a time we had a Nikon CoolPix 5200 that we were happy with.  It was a great small digital camera that worked for our busy growing family.  Then one day at the soccer field a Dum-Dum lollipop melted into the lens (You'd never guess we have kids from that would you?).  It was a sad sad day that was the end of our camera!

I tried to get the lens repaired but was told that no one repairs "point and shoot" digital cameras.  As a result I replaced it with Nikon's newest CoolPix camera and man was I disappointed!  For a ton of reasons the "latest and greatest" was not the camera for me.


So after much thought and research, I asked Santa for a new camera this year.  I specifically asked for a Canon EOS Rebel T3.  Thank goodness I was a good girl because I am in love with my new camera!!!  In the short time that I have had it I have really enjoyed how easy this camera is to use.  And it is so fast too which is really helpful when you need to get three kiddos to smile and look in the same direction.  (I have hopes that 2013 Christmas card will be perfect!)  At times I felt like the paparazzi - so fun!

One of my sweet brothers also gave me a Sunpak Ultra 7000TM tripod.  I can't tell you how giddy I am about this gift!  I really think that it will help with photos that I want to take without the use of flash.  Is it just me or does everyone enjoy natural light photos more than flash photography?


Hopefully I will be able to get my house in order by Friday after all the holiday hustle and bustle. That way I can spend some time this weekend getting to know my new presents better.

Any suggestions or online tutorials?  Recommendations are always welcome here!


6 comments:

  1. You are going to love it. My advice would be to figure it out and then get a lens to go with it. The one that comes with it is junk. There are some great affordable options too.

    This was great when I first got my cameara.
    http://www.flythroughourwindow.com/2009/09/heres-marla/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a dslr too and I love it! I still barely know what I'm doing though so let me know if you find any good tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this same camera and love it but also need some tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the Coolpix for Christmas! Yikes! I hope it will be good. . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS