Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Houston We Have A Problem!

While the blogging world is a wonderful way to get to "know" people from all over the world there are parts of my world that you would never know about unless you knew me in real in life. Today I thought I would let you get to know a little more about the "real" me.

First thing you should know is that I start every, and I mean every, day with a hot cup of coffee. Second thing you should know is that I am a coffee snob! I believe that coffee beans should only be ground the night before one plans to use them. I also firmly believe that when measuring coffee grinds one should use a heaping tablespoon - no if, ands or buts about it. The day can not properly start if I do not have a hot cup of strong coffee in my hand.

Which leads me to my problem. My coffee maker is dying and I need a new one. Stat!!!


Should I try the Bonavita 8-Cup Coffee Marker? I like that it has the thermal carafe but I do not like that I can not set the brew time the night before. And the fact that it only brews 8 cups worries me.


I have also thought that I should just replace my Cuisinart with the latest upgrade; the Cuisinart Extreme Brew. I love that I can program it the night before but I am not to happy with the hot plate. After a while the coffee can taste a little off to me. But then again the price point is great!


Or do I bite the bullet and invest in my next coffee maker? I have been hearing wonderful things about all of Technivorm's coffee markers for a long time. Yes, I know they can get the water really hot, really fast. Yes, I know that coffee snobs all over sing their praises. Yet I can't get over how much they cost! (Hubby's note- I just checked the prices and neither can I!)

So what is a coffee snob to do!?! 

7 comments:

  1. I, to, am very particular about my coffee. I love it so much I think about it at night. I love very strong chicory coffee from N'Orleans. Nothing beats it in my book. I hate staying at hotels because I am stuck drinking weak coffee. I have had the thermal pot and didn't feel it kept the coffee hot. I've had 2 cuisinarts which were ok. I have a kitchenaid now which is ok. But I could not live without being able to program it the night before. Keep us posted on your search! Have a great week, Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Jura Ena 4 and we absolutely LOVE IT! We couldn't imagine how we had coffee before! I wrote a whole post on coffee machines,http://buhayatbahay.blogspot.com/2013/08/lets-talk-about-coffee-machines.html, check it out when you have the time and good luck with your search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved the cuisinart coffe makers, but I do like having the thermal carafe. No apologies needed for loving your morning coffee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested to hear what you go with since my coffee maker is on the fritz too. We have been through 3 coffee makers in 3 years and I'm ready to invest in one that will last. It is the most important appliance in our house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a Keurig and cappuccino girl so I'm no help to you today. I have a hot green tea from it and then a cappuccino from my Jura every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We LOVE the Bonavita! It keeps the coffee hot for hours - like 8 hours!! But yes, no timer kinds stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried Nespresso? They recently came out with the new Vertuoline for full cups of coffee. It's fantastic. I'm still trying out the new flavors, so I can't recommend yet, but if you go to Williams-Sonoma, you can try it out - and any of their makers, for that matter. I love my Nespresso so much - I feel like I'm slumming it when I go to Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS