Wednesday, October 30, 2013

ORC - Week 5

At the beginning six weeks seemed like a ton of time but now I think eights weeks would have been better for my One Room Challenge. However I do feel like I am making progress on my family room make over. Slow but steady progress!


After finishing my curtains (which I am loving by the way!) something seemed off. At first I was not sure what but then it dawned on me that it was the lamp shades. I still love the base but I was so over the shade!


Such an easy fix. Simply make a trip to Target and pick up two new Threshold Drum Shades. And to make things even better they were on sale. Win-win! If only painting my mirror was this simple!!!!


It might have been a small change but when I step back and look at the room as a whole I feel like it is really coming together. Progress feels great!

Follow my progress:





You can also find me at Calling It Home.

17 comments:

  1. Chugging along! I love switching out old lamp shades- instant update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a difference…looks like a whole new lamp:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great call, I love how much warmer it became.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...the new shade is perfect with the new curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a massive room. It's so much fun what you can do in your space! The lamp looks great with the new shade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing what a difference just changing a shade can make - HG is such a great resource. I love the sunlight through the curtains where you can see the pattern. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I greatly prefer a drum shade. It really suits the shape of your lamp. The curtains are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drum shade is perfect and your curtains are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous of all that space! And I love mixing lamps up every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your drapes look great. Lamp shades and pillows can make an incredible change in a room. I love your new drum shade - it is working perfectly. Looking forward to next week.
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think so too and I think your little girl is enjoying it a lot! Can't wait to see it all next week dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your one room challenge idea! I am a new blogger and would love if you stopped by!
    http://blogging-with-bliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those drapes! It's amazing what a difference little changes can make in the feel of a room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that curtain fabric too. loving the progress! i'm with you, how the heck did these 5 weeks go so quickly? I've already made a 5 1/2 week post b/c I've had to work double time this last week to try to get so much done for the final reveal...haha, 8 weeks...so much better! I'll be back on Thursday to check things out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your drapes. Where did you get your curtain rods, I'm thinking of switching my thin black rod out for a double one and yours looks perfect!

    xo Mary Jo
    http://MagicalMined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS