Wednesday, October 2, 2013

ORC - Week 1

I feel like this is a two for one - you get to see my family room as it is now and then you get to watch me slowly transform it. So not only will you be getting a little house tour but you will also get a make-over. What's not to love!?!


Our family room is a bright and open two story space. It is also part of an open floor plan so you can see the family room when standing in most of the other rooms on the first floor. You can look down into the room from the second floor. So after our two front rooms were updated this summer our family room has been calling for a little make-over. If not thing else I feel like it will help with flow of our home.

The room was painted a cheery yellow a little while ago. Since the paint is in good shape and  painting this two story room is not an easy under taking - the color stays for this make-over. The sofa and chair will be staying too. I had them re-covered this spring plus they are so comfy my family would revolt if I even thought of getting rid of them.


So what will I be changing for this make-over? The curtains for sure! They matched the old slip-cover and have seen better days. And after the curtains have been made-over I will be working on some new threw pillows to coordinate with the new curtains. I need to do something about our coffee table! Then I plan to freshen up the accessories. Oh and maybe some new lamps, too!

Man that's a lot to do in six weeks. I better get started!!!

You can also find me at Calling It Home.

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a fabulous makeover....just in time for the holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting! I love your wall color! It's always fun to me to see how a simple thing like a new pillow or curtains make a huge difference! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yellow!! 3 of my rooms are yellow and I love them. Can't wait to watch the progress!! You have great taste so I am sure it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, two-story ceilings are fantastic..lucky girl. I love happy sunny yellow. Your space is fantastic and this will be so beautiful when you are done. It's already pretty great. Thanks for joining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to your transformation! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some great pieces you can work on this space for sure, so I'm excited how you'll turn this room around! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS