Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Extra Long Weekend

This past weekend was going to be a three day weekend due to yesterday's holiday but it turned into a five day weekend due to the snow. We really did get a ton of snow on Wednesday night and then even more on Thursday night. Over 20 inches! This really has been a crazy winter!!!


We tried to make the best of our snow-vacation. Plenty of sledding the neighborhood. The kiddos even made Olympic inspired snowmen. Not really sure what they were going for here but I just smiled and nodded.


I even found some time to put together three Ikea bookcases for our family office. Don't be too impressed, it took me forever to build them and by the time I was done so was my back!


We also made some time for a family game night or two. I have fond memories of playing Sorry! as a child and I feel like my kiddos will too. I really wish we had pics from when L won the first game, just too cute.


To round out our weekend, Hubby and I have been watching an episode or two of "House of Cards" as soon as the kiddos are in bed. If it was not for the kids and all we might have pulled an all-nighter just to watch the whole season. Is anyone else as obsessed as we are?

2 comments:

  1. You are a fun Mom.

    My husband likes House of Cards, but it's a little too R rated for me. Although I loved Breaking Bad, which was waaaay worse. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, their snowmen are too cute! We had a game night with friends that live about 2 minutes away...close enough to venture out of the house safely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS