Monday, July 22, 2013

Painting Ain't Pretty

God knows that it has taken me way too long to pick a paint color for our front rooms but it was really stressing me out!  The first time these two rooms were painted the rest of our house was still builder's white so it seemed like it was the "right color".  But as our home evolved it was not right at all! So I was very fearful that I would make a mistake again which meant spending way too much time on Pinterest and at my local paint shop.


My first two paint options did not pass the Hubby test so it was back to the drawing board.  Thank goodness my mom was on her way down to Virginia for her yearly "week o' projects"!!!  There is nothing like having my mom around when making home decor decisions.  I am not sure if it is just me but I really like having someone around who knows me well enough to talk about all of my options.


Without further ado....I went with Benjamin Moore's "Indian River".  And if I was being really fair, I would let you know that Hubby was the one who picked it.  I got it down to three colors but then just could not make a decision so I left it up to Hubby. (Hubby's note- Which is funny when you consider I have to ask her every night if my work clothes for the next day match.) 

If you know Hubby and I well enough you would know that I have a tendency to narrow choices down to three and then count on Hubby to make the final decision.  And you would also know that I think Hubby makes great choices.  He did marry me, right!?! (Hubby's note- Thankfully she was more decisive choosing a husband than she is picking paint colors.)


So now it is all hands on deck as we paint our living room and dining room!  

Note to self....start taking yoga classes again Eileen!  You look like the Hunch Back of Notre Dame!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy painting! That looks like a lot of cutting in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate - I get very stressed out with paint colors. I don't know why it's so hard for me to choose and commit. I think it's the fact that I will be looking at the color for a very long time. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS