Monday, October 28, 2013

A Spooky 5K

For some reason Hubby loves to run. Like really loves it! He will think nothing of going on an eight mile run and then will call it "just a little run". I mean really who does not think that eight miles is a long run!?! (Hubby's note- Someone who does or used to run marathons)


I guess that I should not be surprised that all three of our kiddos love to run. And they love to run with their Dad! So when I found out that there was a "Spooky" 5k this past weekend, I knew that it was the perfect race for Hubby and M. I knew the fact that the race was run on the grounds of a "haunted house" would be pretty cool to my boys. As you can see below, people were encouraged to run in costumes so though while my boys didn't plenty of other people did.


Hubby and M had been doing training runs through our neighborhood for a while to insure that M was ready for the big day. M was so excited he could not stop chatting on the way to the race. All of his nervous energy was very humorous.



While waiting for Hubby and M to finish B and L spent their time amusing themselves. And singing "What Does the Fox Say?" more times than I cared to hear!


B was pretty tired from her field hockey game but as you can see L had no lack of energy. I think he ran his own personal 5k playing with a bunch of friends he made!


When it was all over M and Hubby had a great time. They had done a 5k together last Thanksgiving and M ran this race over 8 minutes faster than the race last year! Go M!

7 comments:

  1. Your family always look like you have the MOST fun...I love that!!! Your children are very lucky!

    Thanks for commenting for my giveaway, but remember in order to be entered you must sign up for the e-mailing list.

    Have a happy Monday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your son on his Halloween Run! It's always great to see our children emulate their parents, especially with such a healthy habit like running!!!

    Wishing all of yours a Happy Halloween!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, my husband has just gotten into running longer distances in the last year (but not a full marathon yet), and our son loved to run, too. He did his first 5k earlier this year and always does the kids runs for the races my husband runs. Such a great habit to get into. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo go M!! I love running! I haven't been doing it lately but I'm hoping to gradually get back into it. I used to all my hour long runs my "therapy"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go M!!! And we are getting quite a few renditions of "What Does a Fox Say" around here too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS