Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Split Personality Halloween

I am going to be honest with you  - Halloween does nothing for me. I don't like to wear costumes and pretend that I am some thing I am not. But my feelings on this holiday do not seem to matter. My Hubby loves Halloween for some reason which I totally do not get since he too does not like to wear costumes. And our kiddos love Halloween since it involves more candy than I would ever give them. So I caved.....


When B was just a little toddler I started decorating for Halloween. A pumpkin here and a sweet ghost there. No big deal right!?! What a naive mom I was!!!



Our collection of "sweet" Halloween decor grew but then my babies started getting older and they are still totally into Halloween but just not their momma's sweet version of it. 




As you can see the decorations have taken a more traditional scary Halloween turn as the kids have gotten older. I still prefer my sweet Halloween decorations but the kids love the new, scarier stuff I have started to put up. Which version do you prefer?!

13 comments:

  1. I like both versions, but I am digging those black crows! Totally understand where you're coming from. I have "tasteful" Halloween lawn decor (if there is such a thing). However, my kids are jealous of the houses with the giant blow-up decorations. They'd love it if I went all tacky with the Halloween stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything Halloween and am so sad I can't decorate as much as I usually do because our house is on the market. I love all of your decorations! Bravo! The scarier the better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally feel ya on this one, girl. halloween just doesn't do it for me either. i can't stand the scary, creepy decorations!!! so i'm a sweet version girl. and--by the way--i love the different height candlesticks on your mantle!!!!

    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a good mix! I think you've struck a nice balance :) My kiddos are really starting to get into it this year so things are pretty "spooky" at our house and it makes me happy to make them happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a Halloween fan either but I can see how your kids would LOVE the mantel. It looks spooktacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about Halloween. You did a great job with decorating. Love "the witch is in" sign. My Mister would probably want to keep it up all year round, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both versions too! (like someone else said) Right now I keep it sweet for my little guy, but I think I could go a *little* spooky when he's older -- just a bit though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mantel! So chic! And I completely agree with you..when I was in college Halloween was a great excuse to get drunk..now not so much! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I too can see myself going a bit scarier as the wee ones grow. The scull on the books is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always loved those ghost candles! Everything looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness, everything looks so good. Fabulous post, love. If you get a free moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. :) xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can totally relate, as my kids have gotten older, scarier is better too, not for me of course, but we gotta please them cause soon they'll be decorating their own houses. I love both but I'm a very minimal decorator so its a bit touch for me to go all gore and scary as they prefer,.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS