Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Rainy Day Baking

Yesterday morning was a wet one here in NoVa. At times it seemed as though the rain was coming down in sheets sideways. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining! We really needed the rain. And it gave me an excuse to stay inside and nest a little bit.


Not sure about you but when I nest, I bake! On a cold rainy day baking is the way to go in my mind. Not only does it warm my kitchen up it also makes the whole house smell wonderful! I decided to whip up some Pumpkin Bread since I had not made it in forever. Easy and yummy!!!


Quick & Easy Pumpkin Bread

3 1/2 cups flour
3 cups white granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly granted nutmeg*
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 can of 100% solid pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie in a can)
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 2 large loaf pans. 

In a large mixing bowl add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix well to combine.

In a separate bowl, beat together the pumpkin, oil and water. Then add one egg at a time, beating the eggs well into the mixture.

Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and add the pumpkin mixture. Stir well to combine and get most of the lumps out.

Bake for 75 minutes or until a tooth-pick comes out clean after being inserted into the center of the bread. Cool completely before taking carefully taking pumpkin bread out of the pans.

Enjoy!


There are endless reasons why I love this recipe. It is like pumpkin pie just in bread form. My house still smells unreal hours and hours after baking it. I could go on and on but one of the best things about this simple recipe is that it makes two loafs. One for your family to enjoy and one to gift. 

Trust me this recipe will make you very popular!!!

7 comments:

  1. I have been craving pumpkin bread! I always get the mix kind so I'll try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bread turned out so pretty! Mine always looks wonky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY! it's raining here in wilmington and has been cold all day! i wish this pumpkin bread would magically appear at our house!! ;)

    xx
    elise
    www.cheersyall-thehoustons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for a sunshine award because reading your blog brings me a little "sunshine" every day! You can read about it on my blog.

    I love rainy days...wish I could have been home baking too!
    xo/
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh have to give this recipe a try. Love that it makes 2 loaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite breads. Wish I had a piece with my coffee this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love pumpkin bread, and so does my family. I agree, the bread is so good to eat, but the house does smell fabulous for hours. Thanks so much for linking to the Holiday Baking Party. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS