Monday, October 7, 2013

Fun Filled Weekend

Our weekend just flew by! But I guess that is what happens when you have fun events planned for all three days.

Hubby and I started the weekend off with a super yummy lunch date. We went to one of our favorite local restaurants, Fire Works Pizza and per usual they did not disappoint! Their combination of farm fresh local ingredients and wood-fired oven makes for some unreal pizzas!!! Hubby went with a boring old Hawaiian pizza. (Really I just don't get his obsession with pineapple on pizza. Hubby's note- Because pineapple and ham are amazing on pizza.) Normally I order the Sopranos but this time I decided to try something new and I am so happy I did. The RT was just perfect!!!


On Saturday morning B had an earlier time for her field hockey game which was just perfect for us since we all had to get ready for my niece's birthday party. Judging by this picture I think that it is safe to say that the birthday girl had a wonderful time. With pizza, cupcakes and a bounce house how could any kiddo not have an awesome time!?! After hours of running around with their cousins our kiddos had no problem falling asleep Saturday night.


And a good night's sleep was just what was needed since B had field hockey and M had lacrosse on Sunday. Hubby and I have been "dividing and conquering" this Fall season on Sundays. This week the boys headed from lacrosse to field hockey to cheer B on for a bit. Yesterday was the final try-out for the travel team and I was very happy to have company. I can't help but feel nervous watching try-outs. Please tell me that I am not the only one?


I am happy to report that B made the travel team. I am so proud of her! And I smile love how much she smiles when she is playing. It is a joy to see your child excel at something that they love!!!


All in all it was a wonderful weekend. The only thing that could have made it perfect would have been cooler weather. It is suppose to be Fall right!?!

4 comments:

  1. OMG what a great looking pizza! Now I'm starved. There are many things that I miss about my girls being younger but tennis try-outs is not one of them. Great photos of your darling children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pizza looks ridiculously good and for the record, I'm with your hubby here: Hawaiian pizza is amazing!! Love it when the kiddos are worn out from a fun and busy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fireworks is AMAZING! I love to go to the one in Leesburg when I go back home to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun weekend!!! that pizza looks sooooo good!

    and love your sweet field hockey girlie!!! what a cutie! i played when i was growing up too. such a fun sport!

    xx
    elise
    www.cheersyall-thehoustons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS