Monday, September 30, 2013

Dumplings

I am not sure if it is the cooler weather that we are enjoying here in NoVa or maybe it is just the fact that I am feeling better. Either way I have really been in the mood to bake! There is just something about having my house smell of sweet treats baking on a Sunday afternoon. 


But since I am still playing catch-up from last week I knew I needed to bake something simple. So I went with apple dumplings. They might not be the prettiest of desserts but they sure tasted wonderful!


Apple Dumplings

1 refrigerated pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
2 apples, peeled and cubed
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (you could use less but we just happen to love cinnamon.)
juice from half a lemon

Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a small bowl add apples, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir until apples are evenly covered. Set aside.

Roll out pie crust according to boxes instructions. Cut crust evenly down the middle, giving you two halves. Cut halves evenly down the middle, giving you four halves.

Divide apple mixture evenly among the four pieces of pie crust. Carefully fold the crust up over-itself, pinching the seems as you go. But don't fuss too much - they are dumplings so they don't have to look perfect!

Bake dumplings for 25 -30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!


This is the face of a boy who takes his desserts very seriously! Doesn't L look like he is going to attack his dumpling? 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. For breakfast too. Like right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I baked this weekend too, fall always inspires me to bake. Cute pic of him digging in to his apple dumpling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore apples and desserts like that - especially when they are devoured.
    Happy Autumn,
    pve

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS