Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Crab Cakes

Hubby's birthday was over the long weekend and I was more than happy to make whatever he wished for dinner.  For, at least, the last five years I have been making Hubby crab cakes for his birthday and this year was no different.  Simply crab cakes that highlight's the crab and Old Bay.  No more...no less!


Crab Cakes

1 pound crab meat
1 egg
2 tablespoons mayonnaise (really mayo, none of that fake stuff!)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijoin mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay (and only Old bay will do!!!)
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
the juice from half a lemon

In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for crab meat.

Gently fold in the crab meat, being careful not to break up the lumps. 

Shape into cakes. I use an ice cream scoop since I think it helps keep them all the same size.

Bake at 375°F degrees for 15-18 minutes or until evenly brown.


I know that there is nothing fancy about these crab cakes but I promise that their simplicity is what makes them special.

You can also find me at Savvy Southern Style and No Minimalist Here

6 comments:

  1. oh my... yum! What time shall I be there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious. I don't eat crab but I would definitely try this with a mock version or different fish. Have a great day!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love crab cakes around here…I will have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and Happy Belated B-day to your Hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so tasty. I love crab its one of my favourite seafoods ... I just dont like having to get the meat out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love crab cakes here. Thanks for the recipe! Happy Birthday to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS