Friday, May 31, 2013

How Did Scarlet Do It?

Summer has finally come to our neck of the woods, in a major way.  Not even June and we are in the middle of our first heatwave.  So you can imagine how upset I was when I released that our upstairs AC unit was not working!  It got even worse when I quickly found out that every HVAC company was booked up until next week.  Thank God our downstairs unit is still working or we would be moving into a hotel for the weekend.


All of the heat without AC got me thinking about Scarlet and "Gone With The Wind".  I mean how did anyone live below the Mason Dixon line during the summer, without AC or even a fan, while wearing a dress with so many layers?  I for one know that I could not be cooled simply by drinking a glass of sweet tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS