Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I Should Have Known Better

    


M is making his First Holy Communion this weekend.  A bunch of my family is coming into town to stay with us.  I have to get this house clean from top to bottom!  I have more to do than the day has hours yet.....

I got a text message from ML telling me that I had to read Elin Hilderbrand's last book as soon as possible.  Since ML shares my love of summers in New England and we are both big fans of Elin, I knew that I needed to read "Summerland" right away and boy am I glad I did!  This was one of Elin's best books by my count. It was right up there with "Silver Girl" which is one of my all time favorite beach reads.  I simple could not put it down!!!  


Amazon's Book Description: A warm June evening, a local tradition: the students of Nantucket High have gathered for a bonfire on the beach. What begins as a graduation night celebration ends in tragedy after a horrible car crash leaves the driver, Penny Alistair, dead, and her twin brother in a coma. The other passengers, Penny's boyfriend, Jake, and her friend Demeter, are physically unhurt--but the emotional damage is overwhelming. Questions linger about what happened before Penny took the wheel.As summer unfolds, startling truths are revealed about the survivors and their parents--secrets kept, promises broken, hearts betrayed. Elin Hilderbrand explores the power of community, family, and honesty, and proves that even from the ashes of sorrow new love can take flight.

Thank goodness I finished this book so quickly and I can get back to cleaning!  

3 comments:

  1. looks good! I'll add it to my list too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Downloading it to the Kindle now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this one yet..my favorite of her's is The Island!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS