Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It's All In The Rub

I hope that you will forgive me. I promised to share with you the dry rub recipe that I used for my barbecue ribs and I totally spaced. I am so sorry! I hope that you find it to be worth the wait since I really think that this spice rub would work well for so much more than ribs!


Dry Rub (adapted from Southern Living 2009)

Ingredients :
  • 8 teaspoons seasoned salt
  • 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar 
  • 3 teaspoons granulated sugar 
  • 3 teaspoons paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • a pinch of ground ginger
Directions:
  • Stir together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container up to 1 month.
This recipe will yield you about 4 tablespoons of dry rub which I personally feel is more than enough for two racks of ribs. When I made the ribs the first time, I followed the recipe which had me use 2 tablespoons of rub twice per rack. Next time I will only use the rub once. While I loved the overall favor I thought seasoning the ribs once would be more than enough. But stay tuned and I promise to keep you updated....

1 comment:

  1. Just forwarded this to my lil bro…fingers crossed he'll give it a try soon.

    Thanks!
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS