Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cape Cod BBQ

Even though the kiddos were off from school yesterday it was a non-stop busy day!  Friends were over for a quick play-date in the morning.  Then the kiddos where picked up by their GiGi and Poppy for an afternoon at a local farm so I could head up to school for Parent Teacher Conferences followed by voting.  When the kids returned we had four Student Council posters to complete for B and a Pueblo diorama to finish up for M.  And after a long day we were all hungry!

On days like this I am beyond grateful for my crock-pot.  I placed all the ingredients in the pot for Cape Cod BBQ this am and I didn't have to think about dinner until 5:30 pm.


Cape Cod BBQ (my own creation)
2 tenderloins of pork
2 cups whole cranberries (no yours do not have to be shipped to you from Cape Cod.  Beyond lucky that my parents get me a 3 pound bag every fall!)
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in the crock-pot and give it a good mix.  Set crock on low for 6 hours.


After you have burnt your finger tips with the hot glue gun more times than you care to admit, shred the pork and blend the cranberries and cooking juices.  Sometimes I add more honey to the sauce while I blending it.  My kiddos don't like the sauce to be too tart.


Return the shredded pork and cranberry sauce to the crock and give it a good stir.  Dinner is ready!!!


All reports from B and M's teachers were glowing.  The kiddos had a great time at Great Country Farms with their grandparents.  Posters and diorama are completed and ready for school in the morning.  Everyone cleaned their plates tonight and some even asked for seconds.  A super busy but great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS