Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Candle Light

Thank you all so much for your feedback on the desk!  M and I decided that I will paint the legs of his desk navy blue and stain the top.  The only thing I need now is warmer weather!  And unfortunately I have no control over this very cold spell we are under so today I worked on an "indoor" project.


I just love scented candles. I think that my love of them started at Providence College when BOP ran a free shuttle to the mall. A candle was a cheap way to instantly reinvent a cold dorm room. I was a big fan of Yankee Candle back in the day.

Now I favor two brands; Nest and Bath & Body Works.  High and low-end I know but I can't buy Nest candles all the time and not blow the household budget. That is why I have started wrapping B&BW's candles in burlap and twine for a cleaner look.


Simply peel off the sticker on the candle   I use the candle sticker to measure the width of my burlap.  Cut a strip of burlap that will wrap all around the candle with a little extra for overlap.  Then I secure the burlap to the candle with two "glue dots".  (I love those things!)  


Then I cut a piece of twine long enough to wrap around the candle and make a bow.  Lucky, I had B to help me tie the bow.  I am such a lucky mom to have a daughter who likes to help with DIY projects and crafts!


An easy and simple upgrade for any candle!  I lit ours last night for the warm smell and glow.  It is so cold here in NoVa.  I hope that you are all warm and toasty wherever you live!!!

I am linking up with Savvy Southern Style and Kelly's Korner

10 comments:

  1. May I borrow some of your creativity!? I read your post yesterday on removing the old paint on the furniture. I am knee-deep in the same! It is THREE TIMES the work I imagined (to do it right)! I was dying to see the "results" of the furniture for the twins' room, so I finished everything but the three drawers. I am dreading the three layers of old paint on the drawers! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, yet simple, idea! And I always seem to have extra burlap...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so cute! I must do that!! Even higher end candles still don't always blend with your decor. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea!! This reminds me I need a new candle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute!

    I think you might love the Wood Wick candle outlet in Lynchburg. Candles that sell for $25-30 in stores are $5-8 there. That outlet is right between the two stores from by the J. Crew headquarters (one has Crew Cuts!). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The apple did not fall far from the tree...B just loves Crew Cuts! Might have to plan a trip:)

      Delete
  6. You ARE lucky to have a daughter that enjoys doing your DIY projects! Doesn't get better than that:)

    Like you, I am a huge fan of the NEST line. Your candle upgrade with the burlap is perfect! Burlap is everywhere these days. It's so simple, has a rustic feel to, and looks great with all different kinds of decor.

    Thanks for sharing!

    xxL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies for all your sweet comments!!! Hope to share more easy project with you real soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS