Thursday, February 21, 2013

Liebster Blogger Award

Two days ago I was so sweetly awarded the Liebster Blogger Award by both Monograms 'n Mud and Rusty Heart Designs.  I can not tell you how touched I was to receive this award from not one but two inspiring blogs! 




Liebster, in German, means endearing, valued, lovely, etc.  You get the idea.  This award is presented as a way to acknowledge up and coming bloggers and to help them be recognized for their outstanding accomplishments within design that is presented on their blog.  I was truly honored that Amelia, Audra & Denise included Lobster Meets Peach as one of their 11 blogs to give the award to!  I know that I have only been blogging since November but I really feel like I have already made great blogging friends and I can't wait to make more!



Here are the rules for receiving this award:


1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about
themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then
create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.

11 Random Fact:

1. My Hubby and I are both the oldest of four children. God bless our numbers 2 and 3;)

2. We have an area in our house that we call "Projectville" where the kiddos can craft whatever their heart desires.
3. I was president of the largest student volunteer organization at Providence College.
4. I think that Jersey Boyz Bagels are the best bagels ever!!!
5.  I went to a very small all-girls high school.  There were less than 50 girls in my class.
6.  I enjoy living in Loudoun County more than I ever thought I would.
7.  But I do miss being able to walk to the beach like I could when we lived on the North Shore of Boston.
8.  I still have my Friar's Club jacket from college and I have no plans to give it away!
9.  I get nervous before social events but I always have a great time meeting new people.
10.  Sundae School's hot fudge sundae makes me smile like a child.
11.  Since I have started blogging my closest friends say that I have have been "just giddy!"

Since I was given two sets of questions I decided to answer some from both lists in order to be fair.  And also so I don't bore you to death!


1. What is your favorite period in history and why? 
      I love the Kennedy era.  I have a ton of books on Jackie and the Camelot era that I never tire of!  I just love the classic glamour.  I wish people dressed up more today.
2. What are your favorite decor magazines?
     I enjoy 'Traditional Home" and "Southern Living".  Both magazines highlight such classic decor.  I am not a very trendy person so tried and true speaks to me.
3. Favorite dessert?
     Carrot Cake in the Fall and Winter.  Key Lime Pie in the Spring and Summer.
4. Do you like to cook? And if so, what is your favorite dish? 
     I love to cook and bake.  I love dishes that involve shrimp and pasta.  I will have to do a post on some of them real soon.
5. What is your least favorite part about your house?
    Right now I am not happy with our front door.  We had water damage from Sandy this past Fall and it is taking forever to get fixed.        
6. Do you like outdoor decorating or gardening at all?
     We just had a deck put on last year and I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can start decorating our outdoor space.  As for gardening, I love plants and flowers. I just wish I had more time to weed.
7. What is your favorite color to decorate with?
      Blue is by far my most favorite color and there is some blue in also every room in our home.  But I would to say that there is a lot of color in our home.  White walls remind me of too many hospital stays with my children so I have a very colorful house.
8. Do you have any pets?
    We have no pets.  Our youngest son is allergic to any animal with hair.  Maybe we will get a fish one day.
9. What is one thing you wish people knew about you?
      That I love to ski even though I am terrible at it!
10. Do you like to go out or stay in on a Friday night?
      My Hubby sometimes has to work late on Friday nights so it is not really easy to make plans on Fridays.  I tend  to make "family" plans on Friday that I can do with or with out my Hubby if he needs to work late.  Saturday nights are our date nights.
11. What is your favorite post on your blog and why?
     I think that my favorite blog post is my first.  I was so nervous to start blogging!  Writing has never been my thing.  In fact I never kept a diary growing up.  So I am proud that I finally stepped out of my comfort zone and started blogging on November 1, 2012.


I would like to nominate the following blogs.  Thanks for inspiring me!

Sweet Family Sweet Life

Who's Excited?

Tickled Pink Talk

Keeping Up With The Kellehers

Raising TWINGLES {blog}

The Reedy River Recessionista

Fairhope Supple Co.

You May Be Wandering

Spice and Sass

A Lucky Galway Girl

Truth Be Told

Friends I would love to know more about you!  But I don't want to totally direct the conversation.  Do you have anything to share that you have not yet?  Do you have any inspiration to share with the rest of us?  Maybe some pics from recent travel to share?  I will leave your eleven facts totally up to you. 
I can't wait to see what you have to share!!!

Once again, thank you so very much to Monograms 'n Mud and Rust Heart Designs!     








9 comments:

  1. A well deserved nomination!

    Hugs
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I loved reading your andwers the the questions. I love to tell you I too love the Kennedy area. I try to read anything I can on the Kennedys and that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw my name :-). I will do this tonight! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mrs Peach! Congratulations to you! Well deserved! I see my name on here! Thank you for mentioning me! I have read through twice. . . am I supposed to do the questions/answers!
    Sorry,
    Brain Dead Mother of 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I'm glad you started blogging becuase you are great at it :)

    Thanks for this!! I will get on it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sweet! Congratulations and have a wonderful weekend!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome, shug, congrats!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun to read more about you!!! One of my best friends went to Providence too; such a great school. And I didn't know you lived on the North Shore! A great area to live in, but how nice that you get to escape these winters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you..!! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS