Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Saving Mr Banks"

A little while ago B and I snuck away for a girl's afternoon. As B gets older I fear that she will not want to spend her free time with her boring mother. So how could I say no when she asked if I would take her to the movies!?!

Saving Mr. Banks (2013)

Per B's request, we went to see "Saving Mr Banks". Both B and I love the movie "Mary Poppins" so I thought it was more than fitting that we see a movie about how it came to be a movie. I had no idea that Walt Disney (played by Tom Hanks) had tried for over twenty years to obtain the movie right to "Mary Poppins" because of a promise that he had made to his daughters. Nor did I know that P.L. Travers (played by Emma Thompson) never really wanted to give Disney the rights but had to due to money issues. The movie did a wonderful job of telling the story of how Disney came to get the movie rights, all the while giving us some insight into P.L. Travers' childhood.


I do have to say that the movie had more "dark" parts than the previews would have led you to believe. I was very happy that I only took B to see this movie and did not bring the younger two alone. All in all it was a great movie that B and I enjoyed. That must say a lot if the tween and I agreed on it!

6 comments:

  1. Precious time together...I am starting to panic that my second daughter will be a senior next year and I won't have any daughters left at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard wonderful things about this film, but still haven't seen it. Perhaps this weekend will be the perfect time! What a fun day you had with your cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally want to see this!!! Thanks for sharing, lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review. Though I hate to admit it now, the movie got me tearing-up when I least expected it and I think that deserves credit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know! I had mixed feelings about seeing this one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do want to see this, maybe I will make it to the movies this weekend. Sounds like a great girly date!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS