Thursday, December 20, 2012

Ladies Who Lunch

This week three of my dear friends and I were able to be "ladies who lunch".  We got off of our sofas, put the bon-bons down, got dressed up and we all met up at one of our favorite local restaurants.  


We might have gotten there at 11am and stayed until 2pm, but we really had a lot to chat about!  Sometimes I feel like I should type up an agenda or at least bring some notes.


Ex-blogger A ordered the Shrimp Po-boy Sandwich.  It looked and smelled so yummy!  And who does not love an onion ring?


As soon as I heard the fish special involved grouper and capers - I was sold!  Plus it came with brussell sprouts!!!  Was it rude that I stopped talking for a bit so I could enjoy this lovely plate?


I might have said that everyone could not order a repeat dish but Author Mary and Crafty J both really wanted the steak salad.  Who was I to say no?  Caesar salad, french fries, fried onions and thin slices of flank steak cooked to order.  What is not to love!?!

I know I have said this before but I am beyond blessed to have such great friends!  They even love me  despite the fact that I have no filter on what I say.  But I promise that I am working on that....


And that day got ever better when I got home and saw that our Christmas cards had finally arrived   Let's just say that I will never use a free shipping coupon for Christmas cards again!!!


1 comment:

  1. It's SO wonderful that you squeezed in some girl time:) I do a "girlfriends" series that reminds us of the importance of female friendships. Good for you! .. and it looks like you all had a wonderful meal! Yum!

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS