Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Night Before The Night Before

Every year I say that the 23rd of December will not be a crazy day with too much to do in too little time.  And every year it is!  For one reason or another my "to do" list on the 23rd just always gets away from me.  


I never felt like the day got away from my mother but I do remember running all over Essex County trying to get it all done before Christmas Eve.  When I look back and remember that time, I just adored it!  We shopped, baked and made my mother drive around the block so she could hear "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" on the radio.


Maybe my mom was stressed out by her "to do" list.  Maybe she didn't really have the time to drive around our neighborhood just so we could listen to a silly song.  But she did so with a smile!


I pray that my children will look back on the 23rd of December as a busy yet fun day.  Baking, shopping, wrapping but most of all laughter!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS